Current projects

Under the Needle: Nothing! (oh dear)
In the oven: Vanilla cupcakes

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Odd sock project

I have a large box of odd socks, and thought I really ought be able to make something out of them - something that is not sock puppets! I have been pondering it for a day or so, and realised I could probably cut them so that they ended up as strips of fabric. My plan is to turn them all into strips, then turn them into a braided rag rug!

I'm following the tutorial here, but mine will have a twist as it'll be made out of socks :-) It'll probably take me a while to have enough strips to make a decent sized rug but I've made a start.

You can see in the photo some of the stripy socks from my "stash", plus a ball of sock strips which I have joined together.


No comments:

Post a Comment