Current projects

Under the Needle: Nothing! (oh dear)
In the oven: Vanilla cupcakes

Friday 20 January 2012

Many layered spinkles cake

After taking my carrot cake to work, I asked what I should make next. A bit of googling and we stumbled across this amazing looking cake at Raspberri Cupcakes. Nothing like a baking challenge to get me going, so I said I would make it, and here are the results. 

PS I decided that Raspberri Cupcakes must have used magic to stick the sprinkles to the side of the cake so didn't attempt it! Oh, and as I only had red food colouring, that had to do!

First off, here's the 5 bowls of coloured batter, ready to bake into the layers of the cake:


And the final decorated version! Isn't it pretty?


A close up, just because.


And the secret surprise on the inside :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment