Current projects

Under the Needle: Nothing! (oh dear)
In the oven: Vanilla cupcakes

Monday 2 January 2012

My first post!

So I thought it was about time that I started a new blog, dedicated to things I make (or perhaps to things I "intend" to make too!)...

Last night I set up my new sewing machine, and plowed a few hours into making my first proper sewing project - a kindle cover. I chose a little tutorial from a lovely blog called Elizabeth's Whimsies, and I almost managed to complete it in one evening. I just need to figure out if I will ruin it (and it's certainly not perfect as it is!) by doing the top stitching, before I place the button.

I didn't have any batting as suggested so I stole an old fleece blanket from the girls (they won't notice!) and used that instead. I'm pleased with how it turned out, and when I have put the button on I'll be looking forward to starting the next project!

Watch this space for a photo of the finished item!

No comments:

Post a Comment