Current projects

Under the Needle: Nothing! (oh dear)
In the oven: Vanilla cupcakes

Sunday 8 January 2012

Coasters!

I've managed to braid and sew 1 sock yarn coaster this evening, along with playing around with some free samples of fabric I received to make another "normal" style coaster. This was pretty easy to do, except for the fact that I sewed the material together in the wrong order to start with, meaning I had to unpick! Plus, I learnt NOT to start sewing in a corner, but to start mid edge; that way, you don't have tiny wisps of fabric poking up in the corner when you come to finish up.... I'll get it right next time!

Anyway, here's a pic of the 2 coasters I made tonight. The 1st one has a plain back. I'd like to add a back to the braided one, but I don't really know where to start.... it's too thick to go under the sewing machine foot!


No comments:

Post a Comment